Gotta Make Peace With Number 4

So I gotta make peace with my new place. See, we had a fight. I stormed out 2 days ago and haven’t made it back. Things didn’t go well and I bailed.
Its early in our relationship, so I’m still having that “what have I done?” feeling. Renter’s remorse. That’s a thing, right? Nothing there yet to bind me. Hell, I didn’t even have a coffee pot yet. So I bailed.
The van is starting to fill up with odds and ends. Coffee pot, shower curtain, towels, soap. Two jugs of store-bought water. Nothing signifying trust. Nothing really taken away from the old place. Not yet.
I had internet service installed and spent 8 hours waiting for a red light to turn green. Tech support had no record of me and no real solutions. My solution was to run, regroup and start fresh later.
Two day later and I don’t wanna go. It occurs to me that I have no plan. Except the floor plan I drew while freezing and trying to open my Instagram. Graph paper and a tape measure have a way of revealing just how unworkable a layout can be. And it’s a rental, so no sledgehammer just yet.

Time to give it another go. Well, almost time. If I were dressed and had more stuff packed it’d definitely be time. Sometime today. C’mon, Jeff. Get out there. 

Comments

  1. Your writing is beautiful. Please keep writing! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. And yep...renter's remorse is a thing. I've experienced it. It takes a while to build a home. Six months in, and my place finally feels like a home. P.S. Don't forget the toilet paper, lol.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Roads and Rage

My Take On The Double-Take

I'm Creating Again