January 10, 2018, aka, Christmas


January 10, 2018, aka, Christmas.

So I just sold the home I designed, Bob paid for, and I built. And I couldn’t be happier, all things considered.

It occurs to me that I’ve been polite and accommodating in selling this amazingly special home at a bargain price, sharing the story of Bob’s stroke, and gleefully walking away. I’m clearly sacrificing a lot. But don’t pity me; I couldn’t be more grateful for the life I’m walking away from.

Bob and I always had a rule that he didn’t have to buy me a Christmas present. Ever. Friends of ours were shocked. Why not? Because every day with Bob was like Christmas to me. From day one he always provided me with that which I needed, or even really, really wanted. Bob was just a great provider.

I always saw my role as facilitator. I’d spit-shine Bob, send him out into the world and create a home and life for us to enjoy. My only regret is that he didn’t quite get to the point where he could relax and enjoy it. But he was slowing down, working less, and doing only what he enjoyed. He had too much energy to retire fully.

So I gleefully shed the valuable aspects of our life together and hope for the day that he can perhaps rejoin me. Merry Christmas, Bob. You are my perfect gift.
https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/6070-Heather-Ln_Hudson_OH_44236_M47627-13876#/

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Roads and Rage

My Take On The Double-Take

I'm Creating Again